Welcome to Fresh Club, specifically created for those who; have been diagnosed themselves, live with or look after someone with diabetes
Run by Southern Health’s West Hampshire Community Diabetes Team, the course of 4 cookery classes (running each week at the same time) has been designed to:
- increase your confidence in cooking,
- give you new ideas for healthy meals which will help you to eat more vegetables
- meet others who are also living with diabetes,
- get handy hints for eating more fibre and whole grains,
- give you recipe ideas that the whole family will enjoy and can join in easily,
Each session will be hands on, sharing tips and suggestions in a fun and interactive way, the recipes have been carefully chosen by the Diabetes Team to ensure they are packed with goodness and contain all the essential nutrients needed to eat healthily. For those interested in cutting down carbohydrates with the aim of reversing type 2 diabetes, each session will include low carb meals and swaps to hopefully get you on the road to reversal!
6/1 Week one – Family Favourites (cooking one meal the whole family can enjoy on a budget)
13/1 Week two – Raising your Pulse Rate (getting more pulses into the diet)
20/1 Week three – Nice ‘n’ Spicy (a fresh seasonal curry, with alternative rice)
27/1 Week four – Something Fishy (increasing more oily fish into the diet)
There will be a member of the Diabetes team on hand at each session to answer any questions.
Over 18yrs only